Friday, November 19, 2010

Words can actually hurt me.

There is a lot of talk amongst humans about bullying. It seems like the word "bullying" is associated with boys and physical beatings. I wonder what humans think about the everyday psychological and emotional bullying that girls do to each other? Your internet and texting allow for almost instantaneous dissemination of rumors and lies that some girls might find life-altering. What is the worst lie someone has started about you and how did you handle it?

1 comment:

  1. Rumors stink! I had rumors floating around about me it seems from the second I turned 13. It broke my heart, but built a lot of character I must say. It seemed like the "girls in power" didn't like me for some reason. I really learned a lot about myself. #1: If I don't believe the rumors, then I must stay strong, bear through them and overcome them. How? By not living up to the rumors and gossip. Whenever I met someone, they knew I wasn't the person people were talking about (and they had to figure it out themselves by knowing me as a person.) Keep in mind, you can't judge a person by what you hear about them. You can only make a sound judgement by getting to know a person yourself. It takes a long time to overcome a simple rumor that spreads. Be true to yourself and all the others will figure out that the "rumor-spreader" is the one with the issues. Usually those issues are jealousy and low self esteem. They gotta make someone else feel bad to make themselves feel better about themselves. Pity the "rumor-spreaders" and the "rumor believers" and stay strong. Those rumors end up hurting the ones who started them and spread them worse than the victim of the rumor and lies. Oh, I have so much more to say on this issue.

    ReplyDelete